By Jonathan D. Trobe
The Neurology of Vision units out the foundations and data had to comprehend and deal with issues of the visible pathways within the mind. the writer divides imaginative and prescient into 3 elements. The optical part addresses the eye's skill to correctly concentration mild at the retina. The retinocortical part converts gentle into neural indications within the retina, transmitting them to the first visible cortex. ultimately, the integrative part converts this straightforward visible details into extra complex types. the indications and symptoms, checking out equipment, and illnesses of every a part of the visible approach are provided utilizing this distinctive, structural part strategy. a last bankruptcy discusses the visible manifestations of psychiatric disturbances. The e-book is seriously illustrated with over one hundred fifty fantastically rendered line illustrations, 50 radiographic mind pictures, and 60 retinal photos. Case reviews with educating questions also are integrated, to extra the reader's wisdom and attempt knowing.
Read or Download The Neurology of Vision (Contemporary Neurology Series) PDF
Best ophthalmology books
The touch Lens handbook maintains to satisfy the wishes of a brand new iteration of optometrists, meting out opticians, touch lens practitioners and scholars who require transparent and trustworthy info for becoming an entire diversity of touch lenses. The fourth variation of this best-selling vintage, now in complete color all through, offers the main updated counsel in all elements of today’s lenses in a realistic and straightforward to exploit guide.
This name is directed essentially in the direction of overall healthiness care pros outdoor of the U.S.. Eye necessities is a massive sequence which gives authoritative and obtainable details for all eye care pros, even if in education or in perform. every one booklet is a swift revision relief for college kids taking greater specialist skills and a convenient medical reference consultant for practitioners in busy clinics.
Thoroughly revised and up-to-date, this well-illustrated and practically-oriented textual content has retained its common structure and magnificence and department into specimen-type dependent chapters. The visible snapshot continues to be key to explaining the pathological procedures and this is often facilitated by means of complete color images in the course of the textual content.
The emergence of Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) in recent times has revolutionized the best way we see the retina. offering, in actual time, high-resolution cross-sectional photographs of the macula which are similar to acquiring in vivo histopathological specimens, OCT represents a big develop within the diagnostics of retinal sickness.
- The Slit Lamp: Applications for Biomicroscopy and Videography
- Perception (Vancouver Studies in Cognitive Science)
- Ophthalmologic Drug Guide
- Optic Nerve Disorders: Diagnosis and Management
- Investigative Techniques and Ocular Examination
- 2011-2012 Basic and Clinical Science Course, Section 12: Retina and Vitreous (Basic & Clinical Science Course)
Extra info for The Neurology of Vision (Contemporary Neurology Series)
Form and color signals are transmitted by small (parvocellular) retinal ganglion cells, whereas motion signals are transmitted by large (magnocellular) retinal ganglion cells. The organization of the nerve fiber layer of the retina (the axons of retinal ganglion cells) accounts for the shape of visual field defects produced by optic nerve and superficial retinal lesions. The optic chiasm converts the representation of visual space from a monocular to a hemifield pattern. This tranformation is accomplished in humans by having axons emanating from nasal retina cross to the opposite side and having axons emanating from temporal retina remain on the same side.
Duane's Clinical Ophthalmology. Vol 1. Philadelphia: Lippincott; 1998: pp. 1-15. 4. Troilo D. Neonatal eye growth and emmetropisation—a literature review. Eye. 1992;5:154-160. 5. Van Alphen GW. Emmetropization in the primate eye.
2. Reflex eye movements to the sudden appearance of a light in the peripheral field are preserved when cerebral lesions destroy pathways for generating eye movements. 3. 22-25 The optic tract is supplied by the anterior choroidal artery (Fig. 26 Spontaneous Figure 1-19. Lesions of the optic tract and their visual field defects. (a) Incomplete lesion. The field loss is an incongruous homonymous hemianopia. (b) Complete lesion. The field loss is a complete homonymous hemianopia. The Optical, Retinocortical, and Integrative Components strokes are uncommon, but surgical trauma or compressive lesions may infarct the tract by injuring its blood supply.